1. SSH to your RPi using either Terminal or an utility like Cyberduck with username of “pi” (if you haven’t changed the default username) and your password.
2. Then enter following commands:
cd /root/bin sudo nano webcamd
3. Then look for the following entry
4. Comment out the existing line in case you would like to revert back the
changes. x & y options give the resolution. The RPi camera can do 1080p30
but 720p is good enough for me.
camera_raspi_options="-fps 10 -x 1280 -y 720"
5. Press Ctrl + O, Enter to save and then Ctrl + X to exit
6. Reboot with: